Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Chicken Taco Salad.

Because I can't resist posting pictures of my baby dog, this is a collage of her first year!  My baby turned 1 on Saturday the 14th of December.  She is the best dog ever!

& of course, she got a birthday cake. 

I made the most delicious salad I have ever made this past weekend. I just HAD to share it with you. I first saw this on The Pioneer Woman and I knew is want to try it!  I didn't know my husband would love it as much as I did!  He did use ranch instead of the homemade dressing on the recipe, but I give home major kudos for trying & liking this!  

You will need:
For the dressing:
3/4 cups ranch
1/4 cups salsa
3 tbsp finely minced cilantro (of course you will need to pick the leaves off the stem and mine only the leaves)
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl & refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the salad. 


For the chicken you will need:
3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
A package of taco seasoning
1/4 cups veg oil
2 tbsp butter

Season both sides of the chicken breasts with taco seasoning 

Place butter and oil in a skillet on medium high heat. Once hot, cook chicken, about 4 minutes on each side. Cool 10 minutes, then cut into cubes. 

For the salad you will need:
1 head of lettuce, shredded thin
3 whole Roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cups shredded pepper jack
2 ears corn, shucked 
3 green onions diced
1/2 cup cilantro leaves
Tortilla chips, crushed


The corn will need to be placed in the same skillet you cooked your chicken in. You will only brown the corn. Not cook it all the way through. 

Once browned, cut off the cob and set aside. 

Assemble your salad any way you would like & enjoy!  This was the most delicious salad I have had in a very long time. 


How gorgeous is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment