Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Honey Apple Pork Tenderloin.

It's getting very close to Thanksgiving/Christmas & I've been chosen to host Christmas for my Husband's family this year. I've been paroozing the Internet trying to find different things to make when I can across the recipe I made today. I LOVE apples and my Husband is a sucker for honey and cinnamon so it's a win win (not to mention turned out very delicious). I prepared this last night after I got off work since it takes 7 hours to cook in the crockpot so my pictures are lacking, sorry y'all!  

You will need:
2.5 to 3 lb pork tenderloin
3 sliced red delicious apples
4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp cinnamon
* I have to admit I used a bit more....well, a lot more than the recipe calls for on the cinnamon and the honey. But it's completely up to your taste buds. 

You will slice two of the apples and lay them in the bottom of your crockpot. I sliced the apple, then sliced the slices in half so the bottom was completely covered. 

Then you sprinkle cinnamon on top of your apples. Next, cut slits in your tenderloin and drizzle honey in them. Then shove apple slices from the 3rd apple into the slits. Place pork in crockpot. Then lay the remaining apple slices on top. 



And of course, sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle honey on top of it all. 


Don't judge my love for cinnamon. (:

When you take the meat out it will fall apart in shreds because it's so tender!  I managed to salvage all of the juice from the apples and I dipped my meat into the juice for added flavor. 


Served with green beans & my second love (after my Husband, of course) homemade mac 'n cheese!!



No comments:

Post a Comment